Friday, May 7, 2010

last few hours

The last day of the job is exciting and unsettling. I have spent many hours at this desk in the past four years; productive hours and not-so-productive ones. I have gone through many emotions and moods. I have loved the job, been frustrated, and been ambivalent. I have felt lucky working with these people, and I have been very annoyed at times.

I have always dreamt of leaving the job. I have imagined the joy and freedom of leaving this job. I have imagined that I would miss these people.

… and the moment of truth is upon me. Today is the last day of my job, and I have all those feelings. I regret my decision, I rejoice, I obsess, I already miss people, I worry, and above all, I feel ready. As if my arms are open to embrace the next stage of my life: stepping out of my comfort zone, learning new things, meeting new people, and hopefully, more happiness.

These last hours are oddly enough, a little excruciating. I feel like I want it to be done already, i just want to get out of here.

1 comment: