Saturday, February 15, 2014

"music is the only language i know"

I love music. I fucking love music.

Just like wine. I know nothing about wine, but I love drinking it.

Similarly with music, I am not one of those people who love a certain genre of music and own thousands of records and know the history of bands in and out and can play trivia all night.

I'm just a casual listener. Shitty music, good music, all sorts of genres and artists and ages. I like operas and classical musics and I love hip hop and rock too. And everything in between.

Sound cloud is the shit, isn't it? You can spend hours exploring all kinds of songs. Since it's another fucking snow day in NYC. I'm trapped at home and have a lot of time to do just that.

Thanks heavens for music.

My recent favorite artists are Soheil Nafisi, The Black Keys and Charles Bradley. My favorite songs by them are:

"Yar-e aziz" by Soheil Nafisi

"You put the flame on it" by Charles Bradley

"Tighten up" by The Black Keys


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I see, Wagner's Walkuere would indeed not be the best to dream of the comming spring time.
    regards, Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great song, and the lyrics resemble the title of your blog

    Music was my first love
    and it will be my last.
    Music of the future
    and music of the past.

    To live without my music
    would be impossible to do.
    In this world of troubles,
    my music pulls me through.

    (John Miles at Last Night of the Proms)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nz7gtCArOw

    enjoy, michael

    ReplyDelete